- Be it ever so Humble, There's no place like Home
- Gray wash and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 6 7/8 × 4 1/4 inches (17.5 × 10.8 cm) and Mount: 3 3/8 × 5 5/8 inches (8.6 × 14.3 cm)
Inscribed on mount in pen and black ink, lower center: "Be it ever so humble, theres no place like home."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- broom | cats | children | genre subject | home | man | pigs | pitchfork | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Augustus Sala, 1828–1895, British, Be it ever so Humble, There's no place like Home, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.