Brighton: the front and the chain pier seen in the distance
- Additional Title(s):
Brighton: The Front and the Chain Pier Seen in the Distance
- Graphite, pen and ink, gum arabic, watercolor, gouache on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/8 × 10 inches (13.7 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed verso in graphite, center: "Brighton by F. Woledge"
Signed in brown ink, lower center: "F. Woledge"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | carriages | cityscape | coast | pedestrians | piers (marine landings)
- Associated Places:
- Brighton | Brighton Pier | East Sussex | England | The Royal Suspension Chain Pier | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Frederick William Woledge, active 1840, British, Brighton: the front and the chain pier seen in the distance, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.