IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Frederick William Woledge, active 1840, British, Brighton: the front and the chain pier seen in the distance, undated
Brighton: the front and the chain pier seen in the distance
- Additional Title(s):
Brighton: The Front and the Chain Pier Seen in the Distance
- Graphite, pen and ink, gum arabic, watercolor, gouache on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/8 × 10 inches (13.7 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed verso in graphite, center: "Brighton by F. Woledge"
Signed in brown ink, lower center: "F. Woledge"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | carriages | cityscape | coast | pedestrians | piers (marine landings)
- Associated Places:
- Brighton | Brighton Pier | East Sussex | England | The Royal Suspension Chain Pier | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.