- Black chalk, charcoal, white chalk, pen and black ink, pen and brown ink, watercolor and graphite on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 53 5/8 x 19 3/4 inches (136.2 x 50.2 cm) and Frame: 58 x 24 x 1 1/8 inches (147.3 x 61 x 2.9 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, upper left: "CASTLE-HOWARD | REFORMATORY"; in graphite, upper right: "This is for the figure which would | replace the Christ as Salvator | Mundi in Centre light of | Lady Taunton Window | Castle Howard | JNB move this figure | a little to the left as | that the nimbus just | clears the line of the | cusp"; in black ink, upper right: "F.P.39<3>"; in red chalk, upper right: "5"; in graphite, lower left: "A | this line represents - A on small sketch as above -"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Robert Schoelkopf, B.A. 1951
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | cinquefoils | cusps | drapery | man | robes | stained glass | windows
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.