- Materials & Techniques:
- Black chalk, charcoal, white chalk, pen and black ink, pen and brown ink, watercolor and graphite on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 53 5/8 x 19 3/4 inches (136.2 x 50.2 cm), Frame: 58 x 24 x 1 1/8 inches (147.3 x 61 x 2.9 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, upper left: "CASTLE-HOWARD | REFORMATORY"; in graphite, upper right: "This is for the figure which would | replace the Christ as Salvator | Mundi in Centre light of | Lady Taunton Window | Castle Howard | JNB move this figure | a little to the left as | that the nimbus just | clears the line of the | cusp"; in black ink, upper right: "F.P.39<3>"; in red chalk, upper right: "5"; in graphite, lower left: "A | this line represents - A on small sketch as above -"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Robert Schoelkopf, B.A. 1951
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | cinquefoils | cusps | drapery | halo | man | religious and mythological subject | robes | stained glass | windows
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.