IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Augustus Sala, 1828–1895, British, Englishman in Inca Costume, undated
Englishman in Inca Costume
- Watercolor over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/8 × 5 13/16 inches (20.6 × 14.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "Sala"
Signed in pen and black ink, lower left: "G.A. Gala"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- costume | figure study | Inca | man
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.