IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Augustus Sala, 1828–1895, British, Portrait of a Lady, 1842 to 1843
Portrait of a Lady
- 1842 to 1843
- Pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 × 4 3/8 inches (17.8 × 11.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Portrait of a Lady!!!! | (The Resemblance left entirely to imagination!!)"; in black ink, lower right: "My poor dear Sister [...] | (Augusta Sophia Lola: of 1849 at: 24) | I drew this in 1842 or 1843"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "G. Sala [...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | profile (figure) | rings | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.