- between 1862 and 1882
- Watercolor, graphite, and gouache with pen and black ink and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, blue wove paper
- Sheet: 4 15/16 × 5 inches (12.5 × 12.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "The Butler"
Signed in pen and black ink, lower left: "G.A. Sala | 1862-82"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- decanter | genre subject | servants
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Augustus Sala, 1828–1895, British, The Butler, between 1862 and 1882
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.