The Mother's Portrait
- Pen and black ink, gray wash over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- 3 × 3 15/16 inches (7.6 × 10 cm)
Inscribed on mount in pen and blue ink, lower center: "The Mother's Portrait: "Bless him how like the Mother""; on verso in graphite, lower left: "Sala"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chairs | figure study | man | mother | son
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Augustus Sala, 1828–1895, British, The Mother's Portrait, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.