- Graphite, pen, brown ink and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 5/8 × 9 inches (16.8 × 22.9 cm)
Watermark: "SMITH AND ALLNUTT..."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Abel Cary Thomas, Yale BA 1905, transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angels | cherubs | flûtes | French horns | harps (chordophones) | lyre | orchestra | religious and mythological subject | trumpets
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Timothy J. Barringer, Art & music in Britain, four encounters, 1730-1900 (exhibition and label text) , New Haven, 2006, [p. 51], V 1699:1 (YCBA)
Timothy J. Barringer, Art & music in Britain, four encounters, 1730-1900 , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 2006, pp. 16, 21, V 1699 (YCBA)