Designs for Illustrations to Beethoven's Works
- Pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/8 × 9 1/4 inches (18.1 × 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in ink, center right: " EROICA | OPERE | SINFONIE | QUANTETTI | QUINTETTI | QUARTETTA | VOCALE INSTRUMENTE"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Abel Cary Thomas, Yale BA 1905, transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angels | cherubs | lamb | literary theme | opera
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Francis Burney, 1760–1848, British, Designs for Illustrations to Beethoven's Works, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.