Edward Francis Burney, 1760–1848, British, Allegory of Painting and Literature, undated
Allegory of Painting and Literature
- Pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 × 7 inches (21 × 17.8 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Abel Cary Thomas, Yale BA 1905, transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- allegory | book | genre subject | harp | literature (humanities)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.