Gross Study for St. Paul at Ephesus
- Pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/2 × 13 inches (21.6 × 33 cm)
In upper center in latin: " O AHMOEOEAI PQMHI KAI SEBAETO KAIE | DIVAE ROMAEET DIVO C.CALIGULA" In center: " METAAH |APTEMIE EOIEIQN MAGNA DIANA EPHESIORUM"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Abel Cary Thomas, Yale BA 1905, transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- religious and mythological subject
- Associated People:
- Paul, the Apostle, St. (c. AD 5–c. AD 67)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Francis Burney, 1760–1848, British, Gross Study for St. Paul at Ephesus, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.