IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Edward Francis Burney, 1760–1848, British, Love Vindicated (L'Amour Vinqe'), undated
Love Vindicated (L'Amour Vinqe')
- Pen and black ink and gray wash and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted to card
- Sheet: 6 × 8 7/8 inches (15.2 × 22.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "L'Amour Vinge"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Abel Cary Thomas, Yale BA 1905, transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angels | cherubs | love | religious and mythological subject | satyrs
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.