Putting Arms in the Hands of Indians
- Pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 6 3/4 × 8 3/4 inches (17.1 × 22.2 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower left :" Tracing from the design by Stothard for Sir Henry Rufsell"s vase, Putting arms into the hands of the Indians."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Abel Cary Thomas, Yale BA 1905, transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- firearms | military art | soldiers
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Francis Burney, 1760–1848, British, Putting Arms in the Hands of Indians, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.