- Letter with Designs for Signets (?)
- Pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 3 5/8 × 7 1/4 inches (9.2 × 18.4 cm)
Inscribed beginning upper left: " I have no invention for ornamenting wafers, but I | think they should differ according to the matter contained | in the letter: a love letter might be thus a Mercantile | so_ a letter of civility a Lawyers letter | a letter of attourney Lettre de Cathis a | letter of Credit: and so forth. | The Mammouth seems to be..." Verso: "Hawkins"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Abel Cary Thomas, Yale BA 1905, transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- letters (correspondence) | signets | still life
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Francis Burney, 1760–1848, British, Letter with Designs for Signets (?), undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.