Little Missenden Church from the Southeast
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 7/16 x 17 1/8 inches (29 x 43.5 cm), Plate: 9 7/16 x 11 5/16 inches (23.9 x 28.7 cm), Image: 8 3/16 x 10 1/2 inches (20.8 x 26.6 cm)
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower right, in boulder: "To MR. T. DANIELL, | In gratitude for his | instructions in the | ARTS; | These Etchings are | subscribed by his | ["hble" crossed through] Sert. | Lydia Bates | 1784."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | boulder | cemetery | children | church | clouds | dogs (animals) | genre subject | graveyard | hills | labor | landscape | men | parish (ecclesiastical) | talking | tombstones | women | working class
- Associated Places:
- Buckinghamshire | England | Little Missenden | Parish of Little Missenden | United Kingdom
- Associated People:
- Daniell, Thomas (1749–1840), landscape painter and printmaker
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Lydia Bates, active 1784, Little Missenden Church from the Southeast, 1784
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.