- Human Skeleton, Anterior View
- 1795 to 1806
- Graphite; verso: graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with strips of heavy wove paper joined to top and bottom edges; burnished on verso
- Sheet: 19 1/2 x 14 1/8 inches (49.5 x 35.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite: anatomical letter and number references; in blue ballpoint ink, in later hand, lower center: "v"; in graphite, verso, upper left: "712.57 | No[?t numbered] | "; in graphite, verso, lower right: "D24 | IR 356/24 | 712.57"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anatomical study | anatomy | figure study | front | man | skeleton
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Stubbs, 1724–1806, British, Human Skeleton, Anterior View, 1795 to 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.