- Human Figure, Posterior View
- 1795 to 1806
- Graphite and red chalk on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 21 1/8 x 16 inches (53.7 x 40.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite: anatomical letter and number references; in graphite, verso, upper left: "652 | 140"; in graphite, verso, upper right: "652"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "D36 | IR 356/36 | 652.57"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anatomical study | anatomy | back | figure study | man | skeleton | spine
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Stubbs, 1724–1806, British, Human Figure, Posterior View, 1795 to 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.