Human Figure, Lateral View (Finished study for an unpublished table, representing the last stage in the dissection)
- Part Of:
- between 1795 and 1806
- Graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 21 1/4 x 16 inches (54 x 40.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "No. 3"; squiggle in graphite, upper center; in graphite, verso, upper left, encircled: "11"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anatomical study | anatomy | figure study | man | running | side | skeleton | study (visual work)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
George Stubbs, 1724–1806, British, Human Figure, Lateral View (Finished study for an unpublished table, representing the last stage in the dissection), between 1795 and 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.