Human Skeleton, Lateral View
- Part Of:
- 1795 to 1806
- Materials & Techniques:
- Pen with iron gall ink, and graphite squared for transfer on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 16 1/4 x 10 3/4 inches (41.3 x 27.3 cm), Mount: 18 1/2 x 13 inches (47 x 33 cm)
Inscribed in graphite: anatomical letter and number references; in graphite, verso, upper left: "F6 | ?F6"; in graphite, verso, upper right: "702.57"; in graphite, verso, lower left, from bottom to top of sheet: "F6"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "D.55 | IR 356/55 | 702.57"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anatomical study | anatomy | man | nude | running | side | skeleton | study (visual work)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Stubbs, 1724–1806, British, Human Skeleton, Lateral View, 1795 to 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.