Human Skeleton, Lateral View
- Part Of:
- 1795 to 1806
- Materials & Techniques:
- Pen with iron gall ink, and graphite on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 x 17 1/4 inches (26.7 x 43.8 cm), Mount: 12 3/4 x 18 5/8 inches (32.4 x 47.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "C3"; in graphite, verso, upper right, from bottom to top of sheet: "686.57"; in graphite, verso, lower left, from bottom to top of sheet: "C3"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "D.64 | IR 356/64"
"J Whatman 1809" on secondary support
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anatomical study | anatomy | man | nude | ribs, diagonal | side | skeleton | study (visual work)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Stubbs, 1724–1806, British, Human Skeleton, Lateral View, 1795 to 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.