Human Skeleton, Lateral View
- Part Of:
- 1795 to 1806
- Pen with iron gall ink, and graphite; verso: ink stain from another drawing on cream, thin, slightly textured, wove paper laid on cream, moderately thick, moderately textured, wove paper
- Sheet: 16 1/2 x 10 inches (41.9 x 25.4 cm) and Mount: 18 1/4 x 12 3/8 inches (46.4 x 31.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "C1"; in graphite, verso, upper right: "684.57"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "D.66 | IR 356/66 | 684.57"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anatomical study | anatomy | man | nude | ribs, groin | side | skeleton | study (visual work)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
George Stubbs, 1724–1806, British, Human Skeleton, Lateral View, 1795 to 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.