Human Skeleton, Lateral View
- Part Of:
- 1795 to 1806
- Pen with iron gall ink, and graphite; verso: ink stain from another drawing on cream, thin, slightly textured, wove paper laid on cream, moderately thick, moderately textured, wove paper
- 16 1/2 x 10 inches (41.9 x 25.4 cm) and 18 1/4 x 12 3/8 inches (46.4 x 31.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "C1"; in graphite, verso, upper right: "684.57"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "D.66 | IR 356/66 | 684.57"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anatomical study | anatomy | man | nude | ribs, groin | side | skeleton | study (visual work)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Stubbs, 1724–1806, British, Human Skeleton, Lateral View, 1795 to 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.