Tiger Skeleton, Lateral View
- Part Of:
- 1795 to 1806
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 7/8 x 21 inches (40.3 x 53.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "134"; in graphite, verso, upper right, from top to bottom of sheet: "134"; in graphite, verso, upper right, from bottom to top of sheet: "648.57"; in graphite, verso, lower right, from top to bottom of sheet: "648"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "D.68 | IR 356/68"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anatomical study | anatomy | animal | cat (domestic cat) | figure study | side | skeleton | tail (hanging) | tiger | tigers
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Stubbs, 1724–1806, British, Tiger Skeleton, Lateral View, 1795 to 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.