IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Stubbs, 1724–1806, British, Tiger Skeleton, Lateral View, 1795 to 1806
Tiger Skeleton, Lateral View
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Tiger Skeleton, Lateral View
- Part Of:
Collective Title: A Comparative Anatomical Exposition of the Structure of the Human Body with that of a Tiger and a Common Fowl
- 1795 to 1806
- Graphite; verso: graphite and red chalk on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 5/8 x 19 1/2 inches (32.1 x 49.5 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anatomical study | anatomy | animal | cat (domestic cat) | figure study | side | skeleton | tail (hanging) | tiger | tigers
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.