Tiger Body, Lateral View (First of nine drawings of another specimen of tiger)
- Part Of:
- 1795 to 1806
- Graphite on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 × 13 inches (22.9 × 33 cm), Mount: 12 1/2 × 15 3/8 inches (31.8 × 39.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "F 2 a"; in graphite, verso, upper right, from top to bottom of sheet: "F 2 a"; in graphite, verso, from bottom to top of sheet: "697.57"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "D.85 | IR 356/85"
"J Whatman 1809" on tertiary support; indecipherable double circular watermark on secondary support
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anatomical study | anatomy | figure study | ribs | tiger | tigers
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Stubbs, 1724–1806, British, Tiger Body, Lateral View (First of nine drawings of another specimen of tiger), 1795 to 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.