- Tiger Body, Lateral View (First of nine drawings of another specimen of tiger)
- 1795 to 1806
- Graphite on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper laid down on cream, moderately thick, moderately textured, laid paper; mounted on heavy wove paper
- Sheet: 9 x 10 3/4 inches (22.9 x 27.3 cm), Sheet: 9 x 13 inches (22.9 x 33 cm), and Mount: 12 1/2 x 15 3/8 inches (31.8 x 39.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "F 2 a"; in graphite, verso, upper right, from top to bottom of sheet: "F 2 a"; in graphite, verso, from bottom to top of sheet: "697.57"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "D.85 | IR 356/85"
"J Whatman 1809" on tertiary support; indecipherable double circular watermark on secondary support
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anatomical study | anatomy | figure study | ribs | tiger
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Stubbs, 1724–1806, British, Tiger Body, Lateral View (First of nine drawings of another specimen of tiger), 1795 to 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.