Tiger Body, Lateral View (Probably made as the basis for a key figure)
- Part Of:
- 1795 to 1806
- Graphite, and pen with iron gall ink, with traces of red chalk on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper laid down on cream, thick, moderately textured, wove paper
- Sheet: 15 5/8 x 21 1/8 inches (39.7 x 53.7 cm) and Mount: 15 3/4 x 21 1/8 inches (40 x 53.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "123"; in graphite, verso, upper left, from bottom to top of sheet: "638.57"; in graphite, verso, upper right, from top to bottom of sheet: "638.57 | 123"; in graphite, verso, lower right, from top to bottom of sheet: "638.57"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "D.90 | IR 356/90"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anatomical study | anatomy | figure study | tail (hanging) | tiger | tigers
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Stubbs, 1724–1806, British, Tiger Body, Lateral View (Probably made as the basis for a key figure), 1795 to 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.