- Leopard Body, Lateral View (First of Five Studies of Another Large Cat)
- 1795 to 1806
- Red chalk and graphite on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper laid down on cream, thick, moderately textured, wove paper
- Sheet: 9 7/8 x 13 3/4 inches (25.1 x 34.9 cm) and Mount: 12 1/8 x 17 3/8 inches (30.8 x 44.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, verso, upper left: "S"; in graphite, verso, upper left: "F2"; in graphite, verso, upper right, from bottom to top of sheet: "696.57"; in graphite, verso, upper right, from top to bottom of sheet: "F2"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anatomical study | anatomy | figure study | tail (hanging)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Stubbs, 1724–1806, British, Leopard Body, Lateral View (First of Five Studies of Another Large Cat), 1795 to 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.