Leopard Body, Lateral View (Later stage in dissection, superficial connective tissue and ears removed)
- 1795 to 1806
- Pen with iron gall ink, and red chalk on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/8 x 15 3/8 inches (25.7 x 39.1 cm), Mount: 13 x 18 1/2 inches (33 x 47 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "107"; in graphite, verso, upper right, from top to bottom of sheet: "107"; in graphite, verso, lower right, from top to bottom of sheet: "617.57"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "D.97 | IR 356/97"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anatomical study | anatomy | figure study | leopards | tail (hanging)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Stubbs, 1724–1806, British, Leopard Body, Lateral View (Later stage in dissection, superficial connective tissue and ears removed), 1795 to 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.