Leopard Body, Lateral View
- 1795 to 1806
- Red chalk, and pen with iron gall ink on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper laid down on cream, thick, moderately textured, wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/8 x 12 1/4 inches (23.2 x 31.1 cm) and Mount: 11 3/8 x 17 3/8 inches (28.9 x 44.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "103"; in graphite, verso, upper right, from top to bottom of sheet: "103"; in graphite, verso, lower right, from top to bottom of sheet: "619.57"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "D.98 | IR 356/98"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anatomical study | anatomy | figure study | leopards | tail (hanging)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Stubbs, 1724–1806, British, Leopard Body, Lateral View, 1795 to 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.