Fowl Head and Neck, Lateral View
- Part Of:
- 1795 to 1806
- Graphite, and pen with iron gall ink on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper laid down on cream, thick, moderately textured, wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 x 8 1/4 inches (26 x 21 cm) and Mount: 19 1/4 x 13 1/2 inches (48.9 x 34.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite: anatomical notes; in graphite, verso, upper left: "F 5"; in graphite, verso, upper right: "701/59"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "701.57 | D.118 | IR 356/118"
"1810" on secondary support
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anatomical study | anatomy | bird | figure study | Fowls | head | study (visual work)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
George Stubbs, 1724–1806, British, Fowl Head and Neck, Lateral View, 1795 to 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.