Dorking Hen Skeleton, Lateral View (Probably prepared for an unpublished key figure)
- Part Of:
- 1795 to 1806
- Graphite, and pen with iron gall ink on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 x 12 1/2 inches (26.7 x 31.8 cm), Mount: 13 x 18 inches (33 x 45.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite: anatomical letter and number references; in graphite, verso, upper left: "G 1"; in graphite, verso, upper right, from top to bottom of sheet: "G 1"; in graphite, verso, lower left, from top to bottom of sheet: "703.57"; in graphite, verso, lower right, from top to bottom of sheet: "703.57"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "D.120 | IR 356/120"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anatomical study | anatomy | bird | chickens | figure study | Fowls | skeleton | study (visual work)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Stubbs, 1724–1806, British, Dorking Hen Skeleton, Lateral View (Probably prepared for an unpublished key figure), 1795 to 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.