- Design for a tapestry hanging
- Graphite, pen and brown ink and watercolor with white gouache on moderately thick, moderately textured, light blue wove paper
- Sheet: 34 1/2 x 11 1/16 inches (87.6 x 28.1 cm)
Inscribed in blue ink, upper left: "TB [encircled]"; inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, upper center: "This is a design for | a Tapestry Hanging | and is drawn by | William Morris himself- | T.E. [Courwitz?]; in black ink, upper right: "TULIP & NET | 19 | MORRIS & Co | MERTON ABBEY WORKS, | Surrey."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | designs | Gothic (Medieval) | plants | tapestry
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Henry Dearle, 1860–1932, British, Design for a tapestry hanging, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.