IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
David Cox, 1783–1859, British, Sailing Barges and Shrimpers off a Pier, 1832
Sailing Barges and Shrimpers off a Pier
- Additional Title(s):
Seascape with Sailing Barges and Figures Wading Off-shore
- Watercolor, gouache, and graphite, with scratching out on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 x 10 3/8 inches (17.8 x 26.4 cm)
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower left: "D. Cox | 1832"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- marine art | pier | seascape
- Associated Places:
- Calais | France
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.