- Reclining Female Figure in an Italian Landscape
- Pen and black ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 3/4 x 12 1/2 inches (22.2 x 31.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "I M [...] R T H O [...] | [...] M E M"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "IR 383/63"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | figure study | Grand Tour | landscape | sandals | trees | women
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Hamilton Mortimer, 1740–1779, British, Reclining Female Figure in an Italian Landscape, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.