Reclining Female Figure in an Italian Landscape
- Pen and black ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 3/4 x 12 1/2 inches (22.2 x 31.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "I M [...] R T H O [...] | [...] M E M"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "IR 383/63"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | figure study | Grand Tour | landscape | sandals | trees | women
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Hamilton Mortimer, 1740–1779, British, Reclining Female Figure in an Italian Landscape, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.