- St. George's Chapel, Windsor, and the Entrance to the Singing Men's Cloister
- Gouache on moderately thick, cream, slightly textured laid paper
- Sheet: 15 x 21 1/2 inches (38.1 x 54.6 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite lower left: "Paul Sandby: St. George's Chapel, Windsor | And the Entrance to the Singing Men's Cloister | 65/9/14/46"; in graphite lower right: "No 8 | Windsor St Georges Chapel | with the entrance to the singing mens Cloister | 1768"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | balustrades | carriages | chapel | flying buttresses | Gothic (Medieval) | Grand Tour | spires | weathervanes
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | St George's Chapel | United Kingdom | Windsor and Maidenhead | Windsor Castle
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Paul Sandby RA, 1731–1809, British, St. George's Chapel, Windsor, and the Entrance to the Singing Men's Cloister, 1765
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.