Isaac Shaw, active 1830, The Viaduct over the Sankey Canal, ca. 1830
The Viaduct over the Sankey Canal
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: slight graphite sketches
- ca. 1830
- Brown wash, brown ink, and graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/8 × 8 7/16 inches (15.6 × 21.4 cm)
Signed in ink, lower right: "I. Shaw | 1830"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge (built work) | bridges, arch | bridges, railway | canal | canal boat | houses | landscape | lock | locomotive, steam | people | train | viaduct
- Associated Places:
- Burtonwood | Cheshire | Earlestown | England | Newton-le-Willows | Saint Helens | Saint Helens Canal | Sankey Brook | United Kingdom | Warrington
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.