A Seated Figure on Horseback
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, gouache, and graphite on thick, rough, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 10 x 7 7/8 inches (25.4 x 20 cm)
lettered in black ink and graphite, on sheet attached to mount, center right: "Richard Dadd, English, 1819-1887 | A1742 | A1742 | HELENE C. SEIFERHELD GALLERY INC. | 158 EAST 64 STREET | NEW YORK 21, N. Y. | A Seated Figure (on Horseback) | 10' x 8" (254 x 203 mm); pencil and watercolor on rough tan paper | 64/3/23/13 | pm4501"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coat | equestrian | genre subject | hat | horse (animal) | man | staff
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
attributed to Richard Dadd, 1817–1886, British, A Seated Figure on Horseback, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.