- Lady's Slipper (Cypripedium Canadense, Calceolus Maria)
- Watercolor and gouache on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 7/8 × 10 5/8 inches (37.8 × 27 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Cypripedium Canadense"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "15 | Olive"; in pen and black ink, lower right: "Calceolus Maria"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "R. Blyth pinxt. 1770."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Blyth, 1750–1784, Lady's Slipper (Cypripedium Canadense, Calceolus Maria), 1770
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.