- Planting the sugar cane (Trinidad)
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted to medium, smooth cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 7/8 × 9 3/4 inches (20 × 24.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite on verso: "Planting Canes"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- fields | genre subject | hoes | knives (cutting tools) | men | plantations | planting | slaves | sugar | trees | women
- Associated Places:
- Trinidad | West Indies
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Richard Bridgens, active 1838, British, Planting the sugar cane (Trinidad), 1838
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.