IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Attributed to David Lucas, 1802–1881, British, Cottage in a Cornfield, 1844
Cottage in a Cornfield
- Additional Title(s):
Cottage in a Cornfield, Woodman's Cottage
Cottage in a Cornfield, East Bergholt
- Etching and roulette on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 x 7 inches (20.3 x 17.8 cm), Plate: 3 x 2 1/8 inches (7.6 x 5.4 cm), Image: 2 1/4 x 1 7/8 inches (5.7 x 4.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite lower right: "Cottage in Cornfield | small- rare"; inscribed verso in graphite upper right: "15"; in graphite upper left: "<4830>"; in graphite lower right: "< . . . >; in graphite lower center: "To Dear M[...] | from D L - "
Mark on back: "116607"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | cornfield | cottage | gate | horse (animal) | landscape | pony | trees | wall
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.