- Cottage in a Cornfield
- Etching and roulette on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 x 7 inches (20.3 x 17.8 cm), Plate: 3 x 2 1/8 inches (7.6 x 5.4 cm), and Image: 2 1/4 x 1 7/8 inches (5.7 x 4.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite lower right: "Cottage in Cornfield | small- rare"; inscribed verso in graphite upper right: "15"; in graphite upper left: "<4830>"; in graphite lower right: "< . . . >; in graphite lower center: "To Dear M[...] | from D L - "
Mark on back: "116607"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | cornfield | cottage | gate | horse (animal) | landscape | pony | trees | wall
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to David Lucas, 1802–1881, British, Cottage in a Cornfield, 1844
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.