A Country Lane with a Farm Labourer Climbing a Five-bar Gate, 1808
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: ground plan in graphite
- Watercolor, black chalk, gouache and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 5/8 x 8 1/2 inches (24.4 x 21.6 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower left: "George Delamotte, 1808"
Signed and dated in black ink, lower left: "George Delamotte, 1808"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- climbing | farm | farmer | fence | fence | gate | laborers | road | rural | rural areas | towers (building divisions) | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Delamotte, active 1809–1821, British, A Country Lane with a Farm Labourer Climbing a Five-bar Gate, 1808, 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.