View of the Village of Chaillot & C. taken from Pont de la Concorde
- Additional Title(s):
Vue de Village de Chaillot, & C. Prise du Pont de la Concorde
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and aquatint on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 3/4 × 24 1/2 inches (40 × 62.2 cm), Plate: 7 7/8 × 21 3/4 inches (20 × 55.2 cm), Image: 5 × 18 7/8 inches (12.7 × 47.9 cm)
Lettering lower left: "Drawn & Etch'd by T. Girtin | View of the Village of Chaillot, &c. | Taken from Pont de la Concorde | Print": lower right: "Aquatinted by F. C. Lewis | Vue du Village de Chaillot, &c. | Prise du Pont de la Concorde | 17."; lower center: "London: Publish'd Jany. 16. 1803, by JN'O. Girtin, No. 330 Oxford Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated Places:
- Europe | France | Paris | Pont de la Concorde | Quartier de Chaillot | Seine | Île-de-France
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Frederick Christian Lewis the Elder, 1779–1856, British, View of the Village of Chaillot & C. taken from Pont de la Concorde, 1803
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.