A Lesson Westward, or, A Morning Visit to Betsy Cole
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, gouache, pen, and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 x 10 inches (33 x 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, in margin, lower right: "Dighton- del"; in brown ink, lower left: "466"; a small part of inscription in ink across the bottom margin remains
Watermark: Britannia (like Heawood 211) and letters "WC"
Signed in black ink in margin, lower right: "Dighton-del"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- caricature | carriage | cart | courtesan | driving | horse (animal) | man | morning | pigs | teaching
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Roads to Rails - Revolution in British Transport (Yale Center for British Art, 1992-04-15 - 1992-06-28) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
British Comic Art 1730 - 1830 (Museum of Art and Archaelogy, University of Missouri-Columbia, 1988-10-14 - 1988-12-04) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Elisabeth Fairman, Roads to rails : revolution in British transport, , New Haven, CT, 1992, p. 10, no. 40, HE243 .F25 1992 (YCBA) [YCBA]