- View of Niagara Falls with Two Figures Sitting on a Rock Center Foreground
- between 1795 and 1797
- Pen in black ink, gray wash, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, mounted on, thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Mount: 8 3/8 × 11 1/8 inches (21.3 × 28.3 cm) and Sheet: 3 9/16 × 5 7/8 inches (9 × 14.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower center: "NIAGARA FALLS | WELD. | 1798"; inscribed in graphite, on mount, upper right: "not in book."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Isaac Weld, 1774–1856, Irish, View of Niagara Falls with Two Figures Sitting on a Rock Center Foreground, between 1795 and 1797
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.