The Summer Room in the Artist's House at Patna
- Additional Title(s):
The Summer Room in the Artist's House at Patna, September 11, 1824
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 × 13 1/2 inches (17.8 × 34.3 cm), Mount: 9 7/8 × 16 7/16 inches (25.1 × 41.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, center: "For Mrs. Snow | Langton | near Blandford |drawn by her affe. Brother".
Signed and dated on verso in pen and brown ink, center: "C D'Oyly | Patna | 11th Sept 1824"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | books | chandelier | child | fire | fireplace | frames (furnishings) | furniture | genre subject | hookah | interior | leisure | lyre | music | paintings | piano | reading | rug | smoking (activity)
- Associated Places:
- India | Patna
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Timothy J. Barringer, Art & music in Britain : four encounters, 1730-1900, , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 2006, pp. 16, 19, V 1699 (YCBA) [YCBA]
Timothy J. Barringer, Art & music in Britain, four encounters, 1730-1900 (exhibition and label text) , New Haven, 2006, [p. 49], V 1699:1 (YCBA) [YCBA]
Holly Shaffer, Adapting the eye, An archive of the British in India, 1770-1830 , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 2011, p. 32, no. 95, V2359 (YCBA) [YCBA]