Augustus William Reeve, active 1831–1888, In the Channel, undated
In the Channel
- Watercolor with pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 3/8 × 8 7/8 inches (16.2 × 22.5 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "16"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "A.W. Reeve"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barrels | channel (water body component) | English | marine art | sailors | sails | ships
- Associated Places:
- English Channel | Europe
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.