- View on the Upper Lake (Ireland)
- ca. 1806
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, graphite and scratching out on medium, smooth, cream, wove paper, mounted on, very thick, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- Mount: 11 1/4 × 16 15/16 inches (28.6 × 43 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 8 9/16 × 12 3/4 inches (21.7 × 32.4 cm), and Sheet: 7 15/16 × 12 1/8 inches (20.2 × 30.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower left: "engraved on PAGE 180(crossed out) 139."; inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower center: "UPPER LAKE | KILLARNEY"; inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower right: "by JOHN WELD; inscribed in graphite, verso, on mount, center: "Upper Lake | Killarney | Weld p. 180"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Isaac Weld, 1774–1856, Irish, View on the Upper Lake (Ireland), ca. 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.