Rome From the Baths of Caracalla
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite and gray wash on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 5/16 × 19 1/8 inches (16 × 48.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Rome"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, upper center: "Rome | from Baths of Caracalla"
Signed in dated in pen and brown ink, verso, upper center: "1818 | IW"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baths | cityscape | Grand Tour | landscape
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Isaac Weld, 1774–1856, Irish, Rome From the Baths of Caracalla, 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.