On the Tiber/ Castle of St. Angelo
- Watercolor, with pen and gray ink, brown ink, over graphite on medium, moderately textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 8 3/16 × 14 3/4 inches (20.8 × 37.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: [illegible writing]; inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, upper center: "Rome | 1818"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, lower right: "On the Tiber | Castle of St. Angelo [...] | 1818 | IW"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, verso, lower right: "1818 | IW"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | cityscape | Grand Tour
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Isaac Weld, 1774–1856, Irish, On the Tiber/ Castle of St. Angelo, 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.