On the Tiber/ Castle of St. Angelo
- Watercolor, with pen and gray ink, brown ink, over graphite on medium, moderately textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 8 3/16 × 14 3/4 inches (20.8 × 37.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: [illegible writing]; inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, upper center: "Rome | 1818"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, lower right: "On the Tiber | Castle of St. Angelo [...] | 1818 | IW"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, verso, lower right: "1818 | IW"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | cityscape | Grand Tour
- Associated Places:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Isaac Weld, 1774–1856, Irish, On the Tiber/ Castle of St. Angelo, 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.