- Commencement of the Passage/ Towards the Gemmi/ from the Bernese Side
- Gray wash, black wash, and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 15 15/16 × 16 3/4 inches (40.5 × 42.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, lower left: "ommencement of the Passage | towards the Ghemmi | from the Bernese side"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: '1817"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Isaac Weld, 1774–1856, Irish, Commencement of the Passage/ Towards the Gemmi/ from the Bernese Side, 1817
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.