The Pursuit of Pleasure
- Pen and brown ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper mounted on thick, smooth, beige card
- 12 1/2 × 19 7/8 inches (31.8 × 50.5 cm) and 13 × 20 1/8 inches (33 × 51.1 cm)
Inscribed in black pallpoint pen, upper left: [ Pa...]; inscribed in blue ballpoint pen, upper left: "19 1/2 x 12 1/4 [of?]"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "Sir Joseph Noel Paton (1821-1901)" encircled; inscribed on verso in blue ballpoint pen, center: "467" encircled; inscribed on verso in blue ballpoint pen, center: "CUT OUT MT." inscribed on verso, center: "Heat Treat"; inscribed on verso in black ballpoint pen, center: "4787" encircled; inscribed on verso, center: <37...>
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower right: "J.N.P | London, May 11th 1848"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- religious and mythological subject
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Joseph Noel Paton, 1821–1901, British, The Pursuit of Pleasure, 1848
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.